So this was the first Easter I've been home for in the last 5 years and it felt great! We spent it at my cousin Christina's in-laws house. They have a house out in the country that is so cute and picture perfect with a beautiful yard and some cows in the field. We had great weather, great food, and great company! But most of all we had a great day at church as we taught our sunbeams about the resurrection. Both Derek and I really felt the spirit and the kids were silent while Derek did a great job of trying to explain this complicated concept to such little kids. I'm thankful for the resurrection and it became especially real to me as it was put into simple terms in sharing time for the primary children. It was a great Easter sunday!
Hopefully Derek doesn't get too upset that I posted this picture for the world to see, but his faces crack me up! Lana and Cale!
So we did an adult easter egg hunt this year and filled the eggs with numbers and every couple was to collect 6 eggs. After everyone was done finding their 6 eggs, we counted our numbers to see who got the highest score. The couple who won received 2 movie tickets. Lots of fun!
3 down, 3 to go.
It started getting chilly but what's a country home without a firepit!? We stayed cozy and warm around the fire :)
So this was my entertainment for the day, the hosts had a pomeranian named "Smidge". She was so skiddish, but I forced her to hang out with me for a couple of hours. I've always said that if I were to get a small dog it'd be a pomeranian because they look like miniature lions with all their fur. So CUTE!
No comments:
Post a Comment