So Derek celebrated his 27th birthday yesterday on the 30th and though it was low key we had a blast! Derek's #1 priority is food, so when I asked him what meal he wanted for his birthday he said he wanted chicken enchiladas, "and lots of them so I have leftovers for the week". Then when I asked about dessert he said dessert crepes which are definitely tasty, but I was hoping for something that would be more fun to bake, like some extravagant cake. I asked him several times if he was SURE that's what he wanted and he assured me it was. So I put aside my selfish desire to bake a cake and made the hubby happy instead. I found a great recipe for the chicken enchiladas and put some homemade spanish rice and refried beans with them. This was an absolute heart clogging meal, but it was DELICIOUS! Anything with 10 lbs. of cheese and sour cream will work for me! As for the yummy dessert crepes we loaded them up with anything we wanted from banana, nutella, whipped cream, almonds, chocolate syrup, carmel and powdered sugar! The entertainment for the night was putting Cale and Lana's dog Elle on the treadmill to see if she would run. It may have been a bit cruel, but it was hilarious and she surprisingly still loved Cale even after what he put her through. The day all in all was a success! A little bit of church, LOTS of food, some balloons, funny birthday cards, great gifts, Elle entertainment, and a pinch of studying that Derek couldn't escape :) And last but not least some great news from my inlaws in Draper, UT that they had found my camera! WOOHOO!!
How fun! I miss you guys! I'm hoping that Jeremy gets into UOP for dental school so I can be closer to you all, but of course you guys will probably be leaving by that point. Happy Birthday Derek! He's only 6 months younger than me. :)
ReplyDeleteYa it'd be great to have you back with us in Sac! When does Jeremy start applying? We'll be here for at least 1.5 years so maybe we'll get lucky! Yup he joined your 27 club :) Best of luck to Jeremy and applications!
ReplyDelete